[Eril-l] ILL of eBooks: terms and conditions

Bhatt, Anjana abhatt at fgcu.edu
Mon May 7 07:32:52 PDT 2018

Hello everyone: I am curious about ILL of eBooks issue.   My understanding is that most of vendors permit PDF copy of chapters from eBooks via secured  ILL, like we do for our journal articles and the usual fair use guidelines apply to eBooks collections too.

I understand that public libraries have several applications in place to lend the complete eBooks to their readers from the libraries in their system but I am interested in knowing if academic libraries are also able to provide a complete eBook on ILL to other libraries?

Do you lend your complete eBooks to other libraries? If so, which software application do you use? Do you have a specific process in place? If so, can you please provide some information about it?

You may reply to me individually.  I will summarize for the listserv members.

Thanks & Regards.
AB

Anjana  H. Bhatt
MSIRM, MLIS, MA (English)
University Librarian (Electronic Resources)
Library Services, Office Location: Library West 225L
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU, Blvd. S., Fort Myers, FL 33965
Phone: 239-590-7634<tel:239-590-7634>, Fax: 239-590-7609<tel:239-590-7609>, E-mail: abhatt at fgcu.edu<mailto:abhatt at fgcu.edu>
http://library.fgcu.edu/FAC/abhatt/abhatt.html
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=phisloAX-GsJ&hl=en&oi=ao

Inspiring those who inspire others...that's the FGCU Effect.

Florida has a very broad public records law.  As a result, any written communication created or received by Florida Gulf Coast University employees is subject to disclosure to the public and the media, upon request, unless otherwise exempt.  Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records.  If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.  Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
"Life is worship, if you are mindful".