[Eril-l] fish/oceans/aquatic database comparison?

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Mon Mar 5 12:36:00 PST 2018

For those of you at institutions with significant research relating to
aquatic organisms, fish and fisheries, and the like, I need your advice.

I am looking for any kind of formal or even informal/narrative comparisons
among the following databases:
ASFA (Aquatic Science and Fisheries Abstracts)
Fish, Fisheries & Aquatic Biodiversity Worldwide
Waters & Oceans Worldwide

and whether any of those are entirely or mostly subsets of Biosis Previews.

We are looking at those last two on the EBSCO platform, in case that makes
any difference.

Thank you for any advice/pointers/etc. you can give

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island
mbelvadi at upei.ca 902-566-0581