[Eril-l] Do users click on the provider facet in Primo or EDS?

Nagata, Judith jnagata at holycross.edu
Fri Jun 8 13:20:15 PDT 2018

Hi, Nicole.

In my experience at two other institutions (community college and state
university), the users themselves would not click on or use the databases
facet on their own. However, the Reference & instruction librarians taught
their classes to use this facet to limit a large search to a specific
database (e.g. SocINDEX or Web of Science) to get more authoritative
resources. In both cases the discovery service was EDS and both places had
many EBSCO databases.  I've only been at my current institution for a short
time and I am not as sure what is being taught in library instruction
here.  In any case, I think the facet use depends on how your librarians
view and teach discovery searching.

Judith

--
Judith Nagata