[Eril-l] ETD 2018 Symposium - Registration Now Open

Eva Wu evawu at ncl.edu.tw
Wed Jun 13 19:23:01 PDT 2018

[Please excuse cross postings]

Dear Colleagues,

Registration is now open for the ETD 2018 Symposium. Complete registration information is available online at https://etd2018.ncl.edu.tw/en/registration

ETD 2018, the 21st international symposium on electronic theses and dissertations will be held September 26-28, 2018 at the National Central Library, Taiwan. The conference is initiated by The Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD), and is hosted by National Central Library with additional support from the Library Association of the Republic of China (LAC) and the Interlibrary Cooperation Association (ILCA).

ETD 2018 will provide excellent educational opportunities for professionals from graduate schools, libraries, academic computing and others who work with electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs), institutional repositories, graduate students and scholarly communications. Our goal is to offer relevant, practice-oriented content to support ETD productivity improvement, ETD professionals, advance ETD operations and encourage the formation of regional ETD associations and networking communities as well as to provide useful and innovative resources, standards, and technology for the development and support of ETD programs.

This year’s program includes 4 plenary sessions, 3 penal sessions, 33 breakout presentations, also includes user group meeting of ETD consortium in Taiwan, a poster presentation session, a technology vendor fair as well as a variety of networking opportunities. For an overview of the conference activities visit our Program Overview Webpage at https://etd2018.ncl.edu.tw/en/important-info/program

For plenary speeches, we have invited speakers from the U.S, Slovenia, Australia, Singapore and India, to share their knowledge and experience of institutional repositories and ETDs. We are especially honor to invite Edward A. Fox, Professor of Computer Science at Virginia Tech, also the Executive Director of NCLTD. In his speech address “Applications of Big Data Analysis for the Worldwide Collection of ETDs” Edward will talk about how “big data” collection could support a broad range of applications, aiding students, researchers, scholars, sponsors, administrators, librarians, archivists, and others interested in this vast body of knowledge. For more information about the speakers, visit our webpage at https://etd2018.ncl.edu.tw/en/important-info/keynote-speakers

After the conference, you can join the complimentary tour which takes you to visit Yilan, a beautiful town near Taipei. Also, you can enjoy and experience the many facets of Taipei City. For tour and entertainment ideas visit our webpage at https://etd2018.ncl.edu.tw/en/complimentary-trip/about-taiwan

Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to learn more and share your experiences with colleagues at ETD 2018! To register visit our registration information Web page.

We hope to see you in Taiwan at ETD 2018.

Kind Regards,
ETD 2018 Conference Organizing Committee

---
Avast 防毒軟體已檢查此封電子郵件的病毒。