[Eril-l] New Project MUSE Website Launching Soon

Melanie Schaffner MBS at press.jhu.edu
Tue Jun 12 08:45:19 PDT 2018

New Project MUSE Website Coming Soon

Later this week, Project MUSE will release its newly redesigned website. With a scholar-informed design and enhanced technological infrastructure, the new site offers a more robust user experience for all of the scholarship on MUSE, with an elegantly intuitive interface and a suite of tools focused on the researcher.

This launch is a redesign and re-engineering of MUSE's proprietary platform; the URL structure for all book and journal content in MUSE will remain the same and there will be no need for  redirects or updates to DOI links, no impact on institutional usage statistics, nor any need to update proxy configurations. The informational part of the site, with details on acquiring MUSE products, resources for participating publishers and libraries, and other organizational materials, has also been redesigned, but any key links that our customers may have bookmarked here will be redirected as needed. MUSE will also be launching new portals for publishers and libraries featuring tools to better help manage their relationships with us - more details will be shared upon release.

Recent changes to privacy regulations have required changes in how we communicate with our customers, business partners, and those interested in news from Project MUSE. If you are seeing this announcement on a listserv, but did not receive a notice directly from MUSE, please make sure you have opted-in to communications from MUSE. Visit http://bit.ly/MUSESignUp to sign up or update your preferences.

A beta version of the new MUSE content design has been running in parallel since March at http://beta.muse.jhu.edu and will remain available for viewing and feedback until the new site releases later this week. Please watch for further announcements shortly!

Melanie Schaffner
Director, Sales & Marketing
Project MUSE
mbs at press.jhu.edu<mailto:mbs at press.jhu.edu>