[Eril-l] Bloomberg BNA proxy setup

Robert Heaton robert.heaton at usu.edu
Tue Jul 10 09:52:41 PDT 2018

We are in the process of migrating from the smaller "Bloomberg BNA Tax Portfolios" on the old platform at http://taxandaccounting.bna.com/btac to the larger "Bloomberg BNA Tax & Accounting" on the new platform at https://www.bloomberglaw.com/product/tax/. On campus, the database seems to have no problems. Off campus, though, we are having some problems, and I'm wondering if someone else may have encountered and resolved these in your proxy setup. (We host EZproxy on a local server.)

One problem we have is that going to the site sometimes returns an "Access Denied" error, suggesting that we have surpassed a concurrent-user limit. We know this is not the case because it's just library staff testing it. They changed some settings but the problem sometimes still happens. They suggested it may be a cookie setting on our proxy-server machine, but I think we've exhausted the possibilities there.

The other error we sometimes get is "Hello, Utah State Univ. You do not currently have access to this content." Below that, it says "Your Product List," which shows "Bloomberg Tax" and a Go button, which simply returns you to this same page. The page also gives a sign-on option, in which the account info from the old system does not work.

Unfortunately, our sales rep and their tech support people have not resolved these issues after two months of back-and-forth, hence my question here. I'm open to any suggestions, working proxy stanzas, or probing questions. Thanks!

Robert Heaton
Collection Management Librarian
Utah State University Libraries