[Eril-l] ProQuest "simplification program"?

Christine Turner cturner at library.umass.edu
Mon Jan 29 08:09:59 PST 2018

Thank you to all who have responded to my message, either directly to me or to the list. I do not feel alone.

When I posed my query, it was not my intent to call out any individual(s) at ProQuest; I have had many positive interactions over the years with ProQuest sales and support people. That said, their systems and sales methods have become more and more onerous over the past several years. Many have suggested reasons why that is, and one has offered that the ALA publisher/vendor/library relations interest group may be an avenue to address these issues.

I’d like to continue discussions about how we can collectively affect positive, responsive change from publishers and vendors in as many forums as we can. It would be helpful, too, if publishers and vendors used lists like these to provide notice of changes to collections, platforms, etc.

Best regards,
Christine