[Eril-l] EDPS joins the I4OC initiative

jane.wiejak at tbicommunications.com jane.wiejak at tbicommunications.com
Thu Jan 25 06:22:41 PST 2018

*Apologies for cross-posting*

Good afternoon,

I thought that members of this list might be interested to know that EDP Sciences has recently joined the Initiative for Open Citations (I4OC). The full press release is available at this link: http://bit.ly/EDPI4OC

For further information, please contact Charlotte Van Rooyen at Charlotte.Vanrooyen at edpsciences.org

Best wishes,

Jane Wiejak

EDP Sciences joins the I4OC initiative

EDP Sciences is pleased to announce that it has joined the Initiative for Open Citations (I4OC).

The I4OC is a collaboration between scholarly publishers, researchers, and other interested parties, to promote “the availability of data on citations that are structured, separable, and open”. This project promotes the unrestricted availability of citation data by asking publishers to ensure that references within academic articles are made publicly available. This then allows for references to be distributed without restriction through Crossref’s services, and made available to all.

This project aims to:

Create a global public web of linked scholarly citation data which will enhance the discoverability of published content.
Build new services over the open citation data, for the benefit of all key stakeholder groups: publishers, researchers, funders, academic institutions, and the general public.
Create a public citation graph to explore connections between disciplines and the evolution of ideas and new disciplines.

To read more about the initiative, the founding organizations, participating publishers, and the progress so far, visit the I4OC website. https://i4oc.org/