[Eril-l] 2018 Charleston Conference Dates Announced

Beth Bernhardt brbernha at uncg.edu
Tue Jan 16 12:06:51 PST 2018

 Mark your calendars: the 2018 Charleston Library Conference will be held
from Monday, November 5, through Friday, November 9.

On our evaluations, we asked 2017 attendees whether they preferred the new
Monday to Friday schedule, or wanted to go back to our old Tuesday to
Saturday dates. Over 80% said they preferred Monday through Friday for a
number of reasons, including lower hotel costs, lower airfare, and weekends
at home. We’re listening and we’ve changed our schedule!

   - Monday and Tuesday, November 5 – 6: Preconferences and Seminars
   - Tuesday, November 6: Charleston Vendor Showcase
   - Wednesday through Friday, November 7 – 9: Main Conference

More information on the conference theme, speakers, important dates, and
more coming soon. Contact Leah Hinds, Executive Director,  (leah@
charlestonlibraryconference.com) or one of the Conference Directors
<http://www.charlestonlibraryconference.com/about/conference-directors/> with
any questions in the meantime.

*About the Charleston Conference*: The Charleston Conference, Issues in
Book and Serial Acquisition, is an informal annual gathering of librarians,
publishers, electronic resource managers, consultants, and vendors of
library materials in Charleston, SC, in November, to discuss issues of
importance to them all. It is designed to be a collegial gathering of
individuals from different areas who discuss the same issues in a
non-threatening, friendly, and highly informal environment.

www.charlestonlibraryconference.com

Beth R. Bernhardt
Assistant Dean for Collection Management and Scholarly Communications
University Libraries
University of North Carolina Greensboro
PO Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402
336-256-1210
[image: FullName UNCG Logo combined with 125th mark]