[Eril-l] CLOCKSS Announces the Preservation of SAGE eBooks, and Participation of Additional Publishers

Kim Smilay pub-director at clockss.org
Tue Jan 16 07:30:44 PST 2018

The CLOCKSS Archive and SAGE Publishing announced today that the SAGE e-book
offerings on its SAGE Research Methods (SRM) and SAGE Knowledge (SK)
platforms will be digitally preserved for the long-term in the CLOCKSS
Archive.

SAGE, an independent academic publisher, is known for its commitment to
quality and innovation, and has helped to inform and educate a global
community of scholars, practitioners, researchers, and students across a
broad range of subject areas.

“Since our founding an integral part of SAGE’s mission has been to support
the academic community with access to and engagement with high quality
research. We are delighted to be joining with the CLOCKSS Archive, to
further enhance this and ensure that research, in whatever format, remains
protected and accessible for future generations of researchers,” said Adam
White, Senior Product Manager of SAGE Publishing.

Craig Van Dyck, Executive Director of CLOCKSS, added, “CLOCKSS is proud to
preserve SAGE’s important e-book content assets. E-books grow ever more
important to scholarly research, and their long-term digital preservation is
crucial to the robust infrastructure of scholarly communications.”

CLOCKSS, the decentralized preservation archive that ensures that the
digital assets of the community will survive intact, simultaneously
announced the support of five additional participating publishers for future
generations of researchers.

New Publishers include:

§  Annals of Family Medicine

§  European Journal of Business Science and Technology

§  Mersenne Center for Open Scientific Publishing

§  Parenteral Drug Association, Inc.

§  Verduci Editore (European Review for Medical and Pharmacological
Sciences)

ABOUT SAGE:

Sara Miller McCune founded SAGE Publishing in 1965 to support the
dissemination of usable knowledge and educate a global community. SAGE
publishes more than 1,000 journals and over 800 new books each year,
spanning a wide range of subject areas. Our growing selection of library
products includes archives, data, case studies and video. SAGE remains
majority owned by our founder and after her lifetime will become owned by a
charitable trust that secures the company’s continued independence.
Principal offices are located in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore,
Washington DC and Melbourne. http://www.sagepublishing.com

ABOUT CLOCKSS:

CLOCKSS is a not-for-profit joint venture between the world’s leading
academic publishers and research libraries whose mission is to build a
sustainable, international, and geographically distributed dark archive with
which to ensure the long-term survival of Web-based scholarly publications
for the benefit of the greater global research community.
<http://www.clockss.org> http://www.clockss.org

CONTACT

Kim Smilay, Director, Publisher Relations, CLOCKSS

pub-director at clockss.org

+1-248-848-7079