[Eril-l] NASIG on Demand, NASIG’s Newest Conference Offering

publicist at nasig.org publicist at nasig.org
Mon Feb 26 09:34:58 PST 2018

NASIG is offering something new for #nasig18, called “NASIG on Demand: Features of the 2018 Conference”! Designed to make our excellent conference content accessible to more people, we have chosen to include video recordings of concurrent sessions that cover a variety of important topics touching on the conference theme of “Transforming the Information Community”. One concurrent session from each of our six concurrent session groups is included (for six total session recordings), as described below:
[ “The New Dimension in Scholarly communications: How a Global Scholarly Community Collaboration Created the World’s Largest Linked Research Knowledge System” ]( https://nasig2018.sched.com/event/DpzF/the-new-dimensions-in-scholcomm-how-a-global-scholarly-community-collaboration-created-the-worlds-largest-linked-research-knowledge-system ) (Dr. Robert Scott (University of Georgia), Ralph O’Flinn, (University of Alabama, Birmingham), and Heidi Becker, (Digital Science))
[ “Cultivating TALint: Using the Core Competencies as a Framework for Training Future Information Professionals”  ]( https://nasig2018.sched.com/event/Dq2N/cultivating-talint-using-the-core-competencies-as-a-framework-for-training-future-information-professionals )(Marlene van Ballegooie and Jennifer Browning (University of Toronto))
[ “Wrangle and Corral that License Agreement”  ]( https://nasig2018.sched.com/event/DqEk/wrangle-and-corral-that-license-agreement )(Carolyn Carpan (University of Alberta) and Alexis Linoski (Georgia Institute of Technology))
[ “The Heart of the Cycle: How Can Metadata 2020 Improve Serials Metadata for Scholarly Communications and Research?” ]( https://nasig2018.sched.com/event/Ds23/the-heart-of-the-cycle-how-can-metadata-2020-improve-serials-metadata-for-scholarly-communications-and-research ) (Juliane Schneider (Harvard University))
[ “Serials Clerk to Dean: 20 Years with a Head in the Clouds”  ]( https://nasig2018.sched.com/event/Ds37/serials-clerk-to-dean-20-years-with-a-head-in-the-clouds )(Jeff Steely (Georgia State University))
[ “The Scholarly Commons” ]( https://nasig2018.sched.com/event/Ds3I/the-scholarly-commons ) (Maryann Martone (University of California San Diego))
In addition, NASIG will continue its tradition of offering video recordings of our [ vision sessions ]( https://nasig.wordpress.com/category/conferences/vision-sessions/ ) for free to everyone. The full program is available online at: https://nasig2018.sched.com/

NASIG on Demand is reasonably priced: $149 for individuals ($49 for students) and $249 for groups. Those who register for the full conference in Atlanta will receive NASIG on Demand at no additional cost. Access to NASIG on Demand will be available for a full year from the date of the conference. After that, these selected concurrent session recordings will be made available for free to everyone.

NASIG on Demand is also easy to obtain: just be sure to purchase it [ when you register ]( http://www.nasig.org/site_page.cfm?pk_association_webpage_menu=700&pk_association_webpage=11664 ) and select the appropriate option. (For those who pay for the full conference, again, remember that you don’t need to do anything extra as this is available to you at no extra charge.)

We’ve heard repeatedly from the broader library community that accessibility/affordability of conferences is a big concern. As a non-profit, volunteer, member-driven organization, we take these concerns very seriously. That’s why we are so pleased to offer this new service for the first time. We hope you take advantage of it!

NASIG is an independent organization working to advance and transform the management of information resources. Our ultimate goal is to facilitate and improve the distribution, acquisition, and long-term accessibility of information resources in all formats and business models. Visit [  http://www.nasig.org/ ]( http://www.nasig.org/ ) for more information.