[Eril-l] LITA/ALCTS Eresources Management Interest Group Meeting @ ALA Midwinter > Panel on Vendor Relationships

Rodriguez, Michael michael.a.rodriguez at uconn.edu
Wed Feb 7 09:04:49 PST 2018

Final reminder for this panel! (Apologies for cross-posting.)
________________________________
Please join the LITA/ALCTS Electronic Resources Management Interest Group for our ALA Midwinter panel on "Vendor Relationships: Build, Negotiate, Transform." This panel will feature presentations followed by discussion, questions from the moderator (interest group chair Michael Rodriguez), and audience Q&A. The event will take place on Sunday, February 11, from 1:00-2:30 PM in the Colorado Convention Center Room 303.
Link to the ALA Scheduler Session<https://www.eventscribe.com/2018/ALA-Midwinter/fsPopup.asp?Mode=presInfo&PresentationID=336089>
Program Description

Libraries and vendors are all too often trapped in the paradigm of simply exchanging content and services for dollars. Moving away from this legacy approach, our panel will ask: How can vendors and libraries build strategic partnerships? How can we collaborate to create better resources and services and to transform the scholarly communication ecosystem? What can impede these partnerships? What are some best practices for libraries to negotiate and advocate effectively and ethically with vendors? Are positive working relationships always necessary or feasible? What roles can library consortia play in this ecosystem? And ultimately, how can we as libraries collectively build, negotiate, sustain, leverage, and transform our vendor relationships?

Speakers

*         Jason Chabak, Director of Institutional Sales & Business Development at ReadCube

*         Lindsay Cronk, Head of Collection Strategies at the University of Rochester

*         Allen Jones, Director for Digital Library and Technical Services at the New School

*         Christine Stamison, Director of the NorthEast Research Libraries Consortium

*         Kimberly Steinle, Library Relations and Sales Manager at Duke University Press

We look forward to seeing you at this program!

Regards,

Michael Rodriguez
Chair, LITA/ALCTS Electronic Resources Management Interest Group
Licensing/Acquisitions Librarian
University of Connecticut
369 Fairfield Way U-1005B | Storrs, CT 06269
michael.a.rodriguez at uconn.edu<mailto:michael.a.rodriguez at uconn.edu> | 860-486-9325<tel:860-486-9325>