[Eril-l] Personally identifiable information clause in SpringerNature license

Donley, Leah donley at bnl.gov
Tue Aug 7 08:17:35 PDT 2018

My response to Charlie was flagged as being too large for the list, so here it is again:

Thank you, this makes a lot of sense.  And my concern is indeed with users providing data directly to the publisher, and not the library passing data along (I can’t think of any instances where we do so).  I had asked SpringerNature why they wouldn’t obtain permissions at the point at which they request and obtain the data directly from users and they never really clarified this, which would have been helpful.  I  will discuss your suggestion with our legal folks.

-Leah