[Eril-l] Followup (was RE: Price increases on American Journal of Physics and Physics Teacher)

Diane Westerfield dwesterfield at coloradocollege.edu
Tue Aug 7 08:04:37 PDT 2018

As a followup to my previous message:

I was informed off-list that the publisher changed their pricing model, and subscribers are being defaulted to the more expensive option. If you still want full-text access back to volume 1, you have to pay a lot more. For a more reasonable price increase, you have to go with a front-file subscription. (looks like 1999 is the start date).

We still have long runs of print and microform for these titles, albeit in storage and not complete. In general, we don't anticipate our patrons looking for pre-1999 articles in the field of physics. So, we will probably switch to the front-file subscription for 2019 and rely on ILL for gaps in the physical backfile. The COUNTER J1a report doesn't show a lot of use of archive content.

Diane Westerfield, Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian
Tutt Library, Colorado College
diane.westerfield at coloradocollege.edu<mailto:diane.westerfield at coloradocollege.edu>
(719) 389-6661