[Eril-l] Staff help information in Database A-Z listings?

Beth M. Johns bmjohns at SVSU.edu
Mon Aug 20 11:26:37 PDT 2018

We use LibGuides Database AtoZ, but I don't know of any way to add that information and keeping it out of the public's immediate eye without the librarian logging into LibApps and viewing an internal note that you can add to each database.  There may be something you can do with some extra coding, but we haven't implemented anything like that.

If there is something quirky about using the database but it doesn't need to be "internal information," you could put that in the database description, but keep the description "collapsed" until the user clicks on the information icon (see photos - 1st image is what the public sees; 2nd is from LibApps where the librarian can add the description, edit, etc.).  I really do not know how many users click on that icon at our school, but I suspect it's not very many.

I guess it really depends on what type of information the reference librarians need.

Beth M. Johns, MLIS

E-Resources Librarian

Saginaw Valley State University

Melvin J. Zahnow Library