[Eril-l] Staff help information in Database A-Z listings?

Pennington, Buddy D. penningtonb at umkc.edu
Mon Aug 20 10:36:02 PDT 2018

Hi all,

We all have public Database A-Z listings for our users. I am curious to know how you accommodate helpful information for library staff when they are helping said users. Do you incorporate that information into your public listing information? Keep an internal listing with staff-only information? Do something else?

We are migrating our Databases A-Z from Innovative ERM to LibGuides and this is something that has come up as we have shortened the database summary information from a detailed, text-heavy summary in ERM to a short summary in LibGuides. There is an idea to keep the ERM records for staff use. I'm not sure that is the best approach.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Buddy Pennington
Head of Library Systems & Technology (Librarian III)
Miller Nichols Library
University of Missouri--Kansas City