[Eril-l] Linking to ProQuest Dissertations via Ovid?

Amy Lynn Fry afry at bgsu.edu
Thu Apr 19 06:44:29 PDT 2018

We had this problem in EBSCO, and our web developer was able to make a second openurl button in EBSCO that works for dissertations. I bet you could include similar code in the Ovid platform.

Base url:  http://gateway.proquest.com/openurl
Query string: url_ver=Z39.88-2004&res_dat=xri:pqdiss&rft_val_fmt=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:dissertation&aulast={LastName({author})}&title={title}
Mandatory fields: {IfEqual({doctype},Dissertation,ok)}

Here’s what it looks like in action: https://www.screencast.com/t/PB5CYTA7cIY6

It doesn’t work perfectly because the doc type has to be right.

Our web developer also made a custom link in the 360 Link no results found page that searches PQ Dissertations:

http://gateway.proquest.com/openurl?url_ver=Z39.88-2004&res_dat=xri:pqdiss&rft_val_fmt=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:dissertation&aulast=<?aulast?>&title=<?atitle<http://gateway.proquest.com/openurl?url_ver=Z39.88-2004&res_dat=xri:pqdiss&rft_val_fmt=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:dissertation&aulast=%3c?aulast?%3e&title=%3c?atitle>?>

Here’s a screenshot of the setup: https://www.screencast.com/t/IirakDyv

You can see it in action here: http://pq9se9hp4e.search.serialssolutions.com.ezproxy.bgsu.edu:8080/?genre=article&isbn=&issn=&title=Film,%20fiction,%20and%20feminism%20politics%20in%20Helke%20Sander\%27s%20cinematic%20and%20literary%20texts:%20Representation%20of%20gender,%20subjectivity,%20humor%20and%20music&volume=&issue=&date=19950101&atitle=Film%2C%20fiction%2C%20and%20feminism%20politics%20in%20Helke%20Sander%27s%20cinematic%20and%20literary%20texts%3A%20Representation%20of%20gender%2C%20subjectivity%2C%20humor%20and%20music&aulast=Zinn&spage=&pages=&sid=EBSCO:RILM%20Abstracts%20of%20Music%20Literature%20%281967%20to%20Present%20only%29

Amy Fry
Associate Professor, E-resources Librarian
Jerome Library
Bowling Green, OH 43403
afry at bgsu.edu<mailto:afry at bgsu.edu>
email is the best way to reach me