[Eril-l] Ebook Central and Classic Catalog (III)

Beth M. Johns bmjohns at SVSU.edu
Tue Sep 12 08:39:21 PDT 2017

Hello,

I am seeking libraries who are on Sierra and have also successfully implemented Ebook Central in Classic Catalog.

We have been told repeatedly by ProQuest that the links to Ebook Central do not need to be proxied. However, off campus users are unable to access titles through Classic Catalog -- they hit a ProQuest Sign in page, which is fine if you already have an Ebook Central account, but if not, there is no way to create an account at that point. You have to go directly to the database and jump through all the hoops to create an account, then go back to the catalog, etc.

If you don't mind sharing your experience, good or bad, we would appreciate it. Also if you found a solution.

Please email me privately if you do not wish to make your opinions public.

Thank you

Beth M. Johns, MLIS

E-Resources Librarian

Saginaw Valley State University