[Eril-l] Discover-ability & Eresources

Arndt,Theresa arndtt at dickinson.edu
Wed Nov 15 06:54:35 PST 2017

Hi Yolande,   We list resources that are not available via IP in our A to Z databases list, and in the description we note brief special access instructions.   When longer instructions are necessary, we have them on a LibGuide that we can link to:   http://libguides.dickinson.edu/specialaccess.  This also is easy to pass on as a link when we get a related reference question.

We use our typical means of communication/marketing to get the word out to our community.  Some of the databases are primarily for specific department/audiences, so we try to make sure the faculty know and share with their students, and also liaisons will mention these in classes and consultations.

Here’s are examples from our Databases List:

SciFinder Scholar
NOTE: Available to current Dickinson affiliates only. FIRST TIME USERS must register to search this database. Contact the Sciences Liaison Librarian for information on how to register. SciFinder publishes the latest scientific breakthroughs. It is the world's largest collection of organic and inorganic substance information with references from more than 10,000 currently published journals and patents from more than 61 patent authorities. Includes important scientific discoveries from the mid-1800s to the present. Allows searching on more than 56 million organic and inorganic substances by chemical structures, biological sequences, substructures or reactions. Coverage: Mid-1800s to present. Citations Only.

Chronicle of Higher Education Online
Off-campus access requires individual user registration using a Dickinson email address. See http://libguides.dickinson.edu/specialaccess/chronicle for instructions.
Provides full text access to issues from 1989-present.

-  Best, Theresa

Theresa Arndt
Library & Information Services
Dickinson College