[Eril-l] 2017 Up & Comer Award Winners

Beth Bernhardt brbernha at uncg.edu
Wed Nov 1 05:55:49 PDT 2017

ATG Media is pleased to announce the first ever recipients for the Up and
Comers award. This award is intended for librarians, library staff,
vendors, publishers, MLIS students, instructors, consultants, and
researchers who are new to their field or are in the early years of the
profession. Up and Comers are passionate about the future of libraries.
They innovate, inspire, collaborate, and take risks. They are future
library leaders and change makers, and we are excited to celebrate them
with this award.

The 2017 ATG Media Up & Comers are:

   - Ethan Cutler, Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of
   Medicine
   - Katrina Spencer, Middlebury College
   - Anna Boutin, MIT Libraries
   - Shaun R. Bennett, North Carolina State University Libraries
   - Inga Haugen, Virginia Tech
   - Kiyomi Diane Deards, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
   - Sarah (Crissinger) Hare, Indiana University
   - Heather Howard, Purdue University
   - Amanda Lowe, University at Albany Libraries
   - Maoria J. Kirker, George Mason University Libraries
   - Jennifer Thoegersen, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
   - Katherine “Kate” Hill, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
   - Kelly Durkin Ruth, Los Alamos National Laboratory Research Library
   - Katelyn Angell, Long Island University-Brooklyn
   - Wendy Hagenmaier, Georgia Tech Library
   - Hailley Fargo, Penn State University Library
   - Michael Rodriguez, University of Connecticut
   - Charlie Bennett, Georgia Tech Library
   - Katy Kavanagh Webb, East Carolina University
   - Katherine Mika, Ernst Mayr Library of the Museum of Comparative
   Zoology

“I’m thrilled to see all the accomplishments and innovations displayed by
our award winners,” says Leah Hinds, Executive Director of the Charleston
Conference. “This was a fantastic idea spearheaded by Erin Gallagher of
Reed College Library, one of our Conference Directors. Thanks to Erin for
all of her hard work to make this happen!”

“There are so many early-career librarians and information professionals
out there doing inventive and transformative work. They’re setting the
stage for the future of our profession, and we’re pleased and honored to
celebrate their achievements. I can’t wait to meet them in Charleston!”,
says Erin Gallagher, Director of Collection Services at Reed College.

The 2017 Up and Comers will be recognized in the December/January issue of
Against the Grain, and they will be featured in a series of scheduled
podcast interviews. We will also recognize the award winners at the
Charleston Conference First Time Attendee Reception on Tuesday, November 7,
at 7:00 pm. If you’re attending the conference, stop by to say hello and
congratulations!

About ATG Media: ATG Media is a new umbrella group that includes the
Charleston Conference, Against the Grain, and a new series of short, open
access ebooks titled “Charleston Briefings: Trending Topics for Information
Professionals.” ATG Media is a wholly owned subsidiary of ATG, LLC.

About the Charleston Conference: The Charleston Conference is an informal
annual gathering of librarians, publishers, electronic resource managers,
consultants, and vendors of library materials in Charleston, SC, in
November, to discuss issues of importance to them all. It is designed to be
a collegial gathering of individuals from different areas who discuss the
same issues in a non-threatening, friendly, and highly informal
environment.

www.charlestonlibraryconference.com

Beth R. Bernhardt
Assistant Dean for Collection Management and Scholarly Communications
University Libraries
University of North Carolina Greensboro
PO Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402
336-256-1210
[image: FullName UNCG Logo combined with 125th mark]