[Eril-l] request for examples of libraries almost entirely non-firm ordering, print and e

Eric Elmore Eric.Elmore at utsa.edu
Wed May 10 11:06:22 PDT 2017

We’ve got programs with Jstor, Project Muse, Wiley, and Elsevier that all have decent platforms.  They all allow easy chapter downloads. Downloading entire ebooks is still iffy on some of them, but most of our patrons really like being able to get a chapter at a time, and either saving it to their device or printing it off.  We had a huge program with EBL, but their printing/downloading restrictions caused too many issues and we’ve been working on backing off that platform and migrating to the other options.

Eric Elmore                                                             |
Electronic Resources Coordinator                     |
The University of Texas at San Antonio            |
One UTSA Circle                                                     |
San Antonio, TX.  78249-0671                             |
(O)210-458-4916/(F)210-458-4577                    |
Eric.elmore at utsa.edu<mailto:Eric.elmore at utsa.edu>                                         |