[Eril-l] Anyone else having problems with Oxford journals icons?

Andree Rathemacher andree at uri.edu
Fri Mar 3 15:55:40 PST 2017

Yes, at Univ of RI we first see shopping carts for the Journal of Consumer
Research, then we click around a little and come back to the issues list
and the shopping carts have turned to green access icons. I reported this
to OUP last week.

Andrée

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 1:36 PM, Diane Westerfield <
Diane.Westerfield at coloradocollege.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Is anyone else experiencing inconsistent behavior with the access icons?
> That is, you go into a journal and the most recent issue is showing the
> shopping cart icon (paywall) for all issues, but if you click into an
> article you can actually read it. Then if you click around  and come back
> to that first issue you looked at, now it’s showing the green unlocked
> padlock symbol indicating full text access.
>

> By the way, the new navigation system is pretty bad. Dropdown menus that
> force page reloads with every selection and the website is not very fast
> either. I’m trying to reconcile Oxford and the icon weirdness and dropdown
> menus are making life rather difficult.
>

> Yes I have complained in various ways and I’m yet to hear anything. This
> icon behavior is inconsistent and difficult to test; I notice it happens
> less without proxy. We are on WAM proxy and Millennium ILS (just upgraded
> last night to a newer release … still having problems with Taylor & Francis
> not loading icons and css correctly.)
>

> Diane Westerfield, Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian
>
> Tutt Library, Colorado College
>
> diane.westerfield at coloradocollege.edu
>
> (719) 389-6661

Andrée Rathemacher  |  Professor / Head, Acquisitions
University Libraries, University of Rhode Island  |  (401) 874-5096  |
andree at uri.edu