[Eril-l] Charleston Conference Call for Preconferences Now Open

Beth Bernhardt brbernha at uncg.edu
Thu Mar 2 13:12:18 PST 2017

CROSS POSTED:

2017 Call for Preconferences Now Open
Deadline April 28

The Charleston Conference welcomes proposals for preconference sessions at
our upcoming 2017 event. The proposal deadline is April 28 and space is
very limited. Please review the guidelines below and submit your proposal
on our Call for Preconferences form at http://www.
charlestonlibraryconference.com/call-preconferences/.

Preconference Guidelines:

1) The main focus of the Charleston Conference is the acquisition and
leasing of library materials of all types, budget issues, licensing,
personnel, marketing, publicity, providing access. As well, we encourage
sessions on digital scholarship, end users, entrepreneurship, innovation
and professional development. We like new ideas or approaches and
especially those that accentuate the practical. However, sessions that are
product-oriented or that are presented by a single company/publisher/vendor
will not be accepted.

2) The preconferences will be scheduled on the Monday and Tuesday prior to
the main conference. Full day sessions run from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. Morning
sessions are 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, and afternoon sessions are 1:00 pm - 4:00
pm. We provide a refreshment break at 10:30 am, lunch at the Vendor
Showcase from 12:00 - 1:00 pm, and another break at 2:30 pm. Please
schedule your agendas accordingly.

3) For most preconferences, the Charleston Conference covers the cost of
the meeting room rental, A/V equipment, and refreshments for attendees. To
cover those costs, full day preconference registration fees are generally
$160, and half day preconference fees are generally $110. If you would like
to make arrangements for a different registration amount due to
sponsorships or other alternatives, please contact Leah Hinds at leah@
charlestonlibraryconference.com.

Submit your proposal:
http://www.charlestonlibraryconference.com/call-preconferences/

Beth R. Bernhardt
Assistant Dean for Collection Management and Scholarly Communications
University Libraries
University of North Carolina Greensboro
PO Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402