[Eril-l] resolved: connecting to Gale or ProQuest SUSHI services

Steve Oberg steve.oberg at wheaton.edu
Fri Jul 14 12:47:05 PDT 2017

A few days ago I sent a question about setting up SUSHI connections to ProQuest and Gale. Many thanks to each of you who responded! I’m happy to report that both connections are working properly now. I was missing a particular parameter for ProQuest and for Gale, with the help of their technical support, I figured out that our CORAL ERM did indeed have a missing feature that prevented it from creating an authenticated session with their service (all other 45-50 or so vendor connections worked without it, but still). Once that was fixed locally, it worked. For those on this list who use CORAL also, note that I’ll add an issue for this in GitHub in the near future so that it can be tracked and fixed in a future release.

My only other comment is that although at times I am a glass is half empty person, I’m encouraged by the progress that’s been made among vendors in supporting SUSHI. A few years ago, I spent weeks tearing my hair out over trying to get things to work, and eventually gave up. Today, it’s a heck of a lot easier, info. is readily available, and more vendors are supplying it as a matter of course, and in 99% of cases, it just works. Back then, too, documentation about all the vagaries of different vendor setups was quite scarce and today, a lot more info. is readily available.

Thanks again, and have a nice weekend, all.

Steve

Steve Oberg
Assistant Professor of Library Science
Group Leader for Resource Description and Digital Initiatives
Wheaton College (IL)
+1 (630) 752-5852

NASIG President
[cid:image001.png at 01D1D888.AA3866F0]