[Eril-l] connecting to Gale or ProQuest SUSHI services

Steve Oberg steve.oberg at wheaton.edu
Wed Jul 12 11:11:00 PDT 2017

Sent to SERIALST and ERIL-L.

I’m curious whether anyone has successfully connected to Gale’s or ProQuest’s SUSHI service.

ProQuest does not seem to provide instructions that are readily found or logically placed, e.g. I’ve looked everywhere I can think of in their admin module to no avail. They are listed as supporting SUSHI on the Project COUNTER site and I’ve reached out to the person listed there as their contact but haven’t heard a response yet.

Gale at least provides instructions that I was able to find (see https://support.gale.com/technical/sushi) but the SUSHI request I initiate (via CORAL, our open source ERM) generates the following error and their support staff’s response is that this is a problem on CORAL’s end. It may be, but I’ve successfully set up over 50 other vendors without encountering this issue, so I’m doubtful at this stage.

Using COUNTER wsdl, connecting to http://sushi.galegroup.com/gale-sushi-service/services/SushiServicePort

-- Soap Connection successfully completed --

Exception performing GetReport with connection to Gale (GOLD): org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a child element, which is NOT expected, in something it was trying to deserialize.
DB1 successfully retrieved from Gale (GOLD) for start date: 2017-01-01, end date: 2017-06-30

-- Sushi Transfer completed --
Failed XML parsing or no data was found.
The following is the XML response:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soapenv:Body><soapenv:Fault><faultcode>soapenv:Server.userException</faultcode><faultstring>org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a child element, which is NOT expected, in something it was trying to deserialize.</faultstring><detail><ns1:hostname xmlns:ns1="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">tg-pxdym10</ns1:hostname></detail></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

When we test the connection with the following setup, the connection for Gale is successful. The error message above occurs, though, whenever we attempt to actually run a report. Here are our settings:

Service URL http://sushi.galegroup.com/gale-sushi-service/services/SushiServicePort
WSDL URL
COUNTER Release 4
Report Layouts DB1
Requestor ID [our admin login]
Customer ID loc=[our location id]
Password [our admin password]

One more thing: we also happen to have access to ExLibris’s UStat service and although we don’t use it (preferring CORAL), sometimes I check that system to test a particular vendor setup using a different SUSHI client, which often helps me figure out particular wrinkles. However, Gale is not even listed as a valid vendor choice in that service, so this makes me wonder.

Steve

Steve Oberg
Assistant Professor of Library Science
Group Leader for Resource Description and Digital Initiatives
Wheaton College (IL)
+1 (630) 752-5852

NASIG President
[cid:image001.png at 01D1D888.AA3866F0]