[Eril-l] Perpetual Access to Elsevier titles?

McClung, Sarah Sarah.McClung at ucsf.edu
Thu Jul 20 15:20:18 PDT 2017

Hi Laurel,

When we decided not to subscribe to ClinicalKey, Elsevier gave us two options for the ebooks we had purchased perpetual rights to on the MDConsult platform:

·         Host them for us as chapter PDFs on a separate, dedicated site (perpetual.elsevier.com)

·         Send us a CD containing the files (I’m assuming they would also be PDFs on the CD, but I can’t say for sure)

We chose the first option so that we wouldn’t have to host them ourselves. I know this doesn’t exactly answer your question. With other files we’ve had to host locally, we’ve uploaded them to our institutional Box account and limited access to “people in your company” so users are prompted to log in with their university credentials in order to view the file.

I hope this helps!
Sarah

Sarah J. McClung
Collection Development Librarian