[Eril-l] CCC Get It Now and Reprints Desk

Julie Blake julie.blake at franklin.edu
Mon Feb 20 10:03:12 PST 2017

Hello, all,

We’ve been using the Copyright Clearance Center’s Get It Now service unmediated for approximately 8 months. We’re now also looking at the Reprints Desk service. Can anyone who’s using both give me a sense of how they compare? I already checked the prices, but for speed, service, ease of use?

Are you able to have both set in your link resolver? Are you able to do any custom settings so that the cheaper option would be the one to appear, or am I just dreaming? Maybe it can be customized by publisher? (We use EBSCO’s Full-Text Finder.)

Thanks,

Julie

Julie C. Blake, MLS, MBA
Acquisitions Librarian