[Eril-l] Innovation in Libraries Awesome Foundation - Deadline is Wednesday

Robin Champieux champieu at ohsu.edu
Mon Feb 13 16:09:20 PST 2017

Hello everyone,

This Wednesday, February 15, is the deadline to apply to be an Innovation in Libraries Awesome Foundation chapter trustee<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeXRtJZBWXBHr6BONcs1pMpfTYOhXcqcs-bhDh3YNkUiGvrtA/viewform?c=0&w=1>.

As a reminder about the project….

Facing the threat of diminished federal funding for innovative library projects, Library Pipeline has launched a new grant, funded by individual donors.  The Innovation in Libraries Awesome Foundation chapter<http://www.awesomefoundation.org/en/chapters/libraries> will award monthly $1,000 micro-grants to incubate small-scale library projects and experiments that embody the principles of diversity, inclusivity, creativity, and risk-taking. In our current political climate, we especially want to ensure funding and support for projects that fall outside traditional funding models.

We’re now recruiting the first group of Innovation in Libraries Awesome Foundation chapter trustees--individuals who would personally fund the grant.  If you know of any librarians that may not have the means to make a personal donation but who are interested in innovation in libraries, please still send this call their way--we have sponsorship available!

  *   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeXRtJZBWXBHr6BONcs1pMpfTYOhXcqcs-bhDh3YNkUiGvrtA/viewform?c=0&w=1> Apply h<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeXRtJZBWXBHr6BONcs1pMpfTYOhXcqcs-bhDh3YNkUiGvrtA/viewform?c=0&w=1>ere<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeXRtJZBWXBHr6BONcs1pMpfTYOhXcqcs-bhDh3YNkUiGvrtA/viewform?c=0&w=1> to be an Innovation in Libraries Awesome Foundation chapter trustee.
  *   Please consider promoting this project on social media and to your colleagues.  You can point them to this announcement or simply retweet/repost this message:

Join a grassroots team supporting innovative, inclusive approaches to #library services! 👉 http://tinyurl.com/libinnovation

Thanks for your support and feel free to reply to me with questions!

Robin Champieux on behalf of the Innovation in Libraries Awesome Foundation Chapter

Robin Champieux, MLIS
Scholarly Communication Librarian
Ontology Development Group
Oregon Health & Science University