[Eril-l] QxMD Reader

McGrath, Kat kat.mcgrath at ubc.ca
Wed Dec 13 14:19:13 PST 2017

Hi Matthew,

We've subscribed to Read by QxMD for several years and it has been well received by our users.  We have not had the access problems you describe.
I consulted our Medical Librarians for their input ~

QxMD is developed by Dr. Daniel Schwartz here at UBC and he and his team are very interested in working with academic librarians to improve access to their journal collections through QxMD. I know that he would be very open to discussing his product with any health librarian and how best to make article access seamless for user groups.

I track information about Docphin (like QxMD is personalized and meant for medical professionals) and Browzine (more general dashboard and alerting service). Readcube is similar to all except is a desktop program rather than optimized for mobile devices.

Kat

Kat McGrath
Renewals and Collections Librarian | UBC Library
University of British Columbia