[Eril-l] NASIG Statement on Current Events

publicist at nasig.org publicist at nasig.org
Tue Aug 22 11:16:04 PDT 2017

[ NASIG Statement on Current Events ]( https://wordpress.com/post/nasig.wordpress.com/3862 )
If there is one lesson that current political events in the U.S. clearly demonstrate, it is that words have power and meaning. Therefore the NASIG Executive Board wishes to join with other library organizations in voicing our condemnation of racism, white supremacy, violence, and discrimination such as what was so fully displayed some days ago in Charlottesville, VA. We join with others in mourning the loss of lives and in supporting the principles of liberty and justice for all. We also wish to remind others of our [ code of conduct ]( http://www.nasig.org/site_page.cfm?pk_association_webpage_menu=700&pk_association_webpage=9476 ) which outlines in more detail what our expectations are for participating in our organization.