[Eril-l] Vanderbilt University Job Posting: Electronic Resources Librarian
Loder, Julie L
julie.loder at Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Aug 2 15:01:38 PDT 2017
Please consider the position below. Please forgive the formatting, I am traveling and only have mobile available.
Vanderbilt University Library seeks an energetic, inquisitive, and service-oriented librarian to support and contribute to learning and discovery by actively participating in the management of the life cycle of Vanderbilt University’s licensed scholarly electronic resources, ensuring continued access through and between all library-supported user gateways. Reporting to the Manager/Director of the Collections Acquisitions and Eresource Department, this librarian will also work both directly and behind the scenes with students, faculty and staff in a variety of schools and departments across the university to provide access and support for licensed electronic resources.
The person in this position should demonstrate knowledge and understanding of issues and practices related to e-resource access, licensing, acquisitions, use, and management. A broad understanding of e-resource management is a must in order to recognize and apply emerging trends, make informed day-to-day decisions independently or collaboratively, as needed. The person should possess evidence of initiative and flexibility in her/his approach to work, relevant experience managing access to scholarly electronic resources, as well as knowledge of related user service issues.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
• Participate in all areas related to the management of the electronic resource life cycle, with a focus on licensing these resources.
• Resolve problems arising from the use of electronic resources, proactively manage technical and administrative changes and respond to end-user reported issues with licensed electronic resources.
• Coordinate work with other library departments, database providers, vendors and publishers to ensure understanding of licensed electronic resources (i.e., library packages, orders and other entitlements), in order to take appropriate actions to effectively manage these resources.
• Demonstrate leadership by identifying and staying abreast of emerging education and linking technologies, related e-resource and bibliographic standards, interoperability and other technical issues relating to the acquisition, licensing, access and usage of electronic resources.
• Participate in the training of other staff to assist in e-resource management.
• Participate in the recommendation and implementation of new approaches to electronic resource management to facilitate the seamless delivery of information to support research and learning at all levels.
• Initiate and coordinate new license review process and day-to-day workflow.
• Serve on library-wide committees and working groups to promote electronic resource management best practices and tools.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences
• Master's degree in Library or Information Science from a program accredited by the American Library Association, or international equivalent.
• At least two years of related professional experience in an academic library setting.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative setting; document and solve problems in a timely manner and prioritize appropriately. Must be a self-starter and detail oriented.
• Demonstrated proficiency with existing education technologies used to provide access to and between e-resources, as well as office productivity software and the ability to adapt to new technologies as they evolve.
• Demonstrated knowledge of electronic resource industry standards, best practices, and protocols, including but not limited to ER Licensing, KBART, SUSHI, COUNTER, ERMI, Project Transfer, and OpenURL.
• Evidence of excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with planning systems migration and workflow redesign.
• Knowledge of issues related to contract and license interpretation and review.
Job requires Master's and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.
Interested candidates should apply online at,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l