[Eril-l] Job opening: Resources Development Librarian / Webster University Library / St. Louis, MO
econdon at webster.edu
Tue Aug 1 05:44:17 PDT 2017
Resources Development Librarian
Webster University Library seeks an innovative and collaborative librarian to join the Resources Management Services Department team. The Resources Development Librarian will provide leadership in acquiring and offering access to all types of library materials in a complex and ever-changing environment, and will assist with providing optimal access to our online resources.
Competitive salary with a generous benefits package (see http://www.webster.edu/human-resources/benefits/ for details).
* Graduate degree in librarianship from an ALA-accredited institution.
* Strong service orientation and interest in anticipating and supporting information users' values and needs.
* Ability to work effectively with colleagues and a diverse clientele.
* Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems; commitment to and enthusiasm for self-directed learning.
* Ability to work well with a team and independently.
* Experience in developing and leading projects, including training, quality control, and follow-up.
* Experience working with acquisitions, serials, collection development, and/or electronic resources in an academic library.
* Vendor relations experience, including negotiation, licensing, and contracts.
* Knowledge of the book trade and current trends, issues, and developments in acquisitions work.
* Familiarity with the serials and monographic U.S. and foreign publishing industry.
* Detailed knowledge of at least one national bibliographic system.
* Experience with an online invoicing system, preferably Concur, or with accounting or bookkeeping.
* Experience with an integrated library system, preferably Innovative Interfaces Sierra.
* Experience providing access to online databases using EZproxy.
* Supervises acquisition of library materials (excepting online databases), including monographs and serials in all formats for Webster's main library and U.S. extended campuses as well as Eden Seminary.
* Maintains financial records for library materials appropriations and expenditures; reconciles account balances. Regularly communicates with library staff regarding budget position; ensures that funds are expended appropriately and in a timely manner.
* Prioritizes evaluations of major services and on a rotating basis implements reviews of book, journal, and binding vendors.
* Manages journal and standing order subscriptions. Provides librarians with information needed to make decisions on subscriptions. Works with vendors to order, cancel, and change format for journal and standing order subscriptions, and to resolve problems with receipt of materials, invoicing, and payment.
* Oversees one-time project to reconcile actual standing order and journal subscriptions with order data in the Sierra integrated library system; develops and supervises processes to ensure accuracy of data ongoing.
* In collaboration with the Head of Collection Development, leads efforts to review all areas of the collection.
* Backs up Electronic Resources Librarian to whatever extent possible to support electronic resources throughout the life cycle.
* Serves as liaison to an academic department, working with faculty to select materials in all formats to support the curriculum. Teaches library instruction classes for the academic department as time permits.
* Leads or participates in special projects such as migrating overseas library catalogs into the Sierra system; monitoring the linked data landscape, evaluating options and implementing if appropriate; and reviewing options for electronic invoicing and implementing if feasible.
Webster University is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to maintaining a culturally and academically diverse faculty and staff of the highest caliber. Accordingly, Webster University provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more details and to apply, go to: https://webster.peopleadmin.com/postings/2587.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l