[Eril-l] Job Posting: Yewno: Product Manager, Content

Kimmy Hill kimmy at yewno.com
Tue Apr 18 09:52:47 PDT 2017

********************************Please excuse the duplicate posting******************************************

Product Manager, Content

Redwood City, CA

ABOUT US

At Yewno, we help people research and understand the world. We build knowledge discovery software and services, leveraging machine learning, computational linguistics, and over 100 million documents from the most noteworthy content providers in the world. If this excites you, we'd love for you to join us.

We're a team with track records of billion-dollar exits. We're alums from top-10 universities and industry leaders. We’re well-funded, with $16.5 million from Series A. We have product-market fit, with our education products live at Stanford, Harvard, etc. We will continue to grow the education vertical, and apply our technology to finance and other verticals.

We offer a fun working environment with sharp, motivated colleagues, and great benefits:
Competitive salary and stock options
Company-covered healthcare
401(k)
Unlimited vacation policy
Catered lunch / dinner
Walking distance from the Redwood City Caltrain Station

THE ROLE

We are looking for a detail-obsessed product manager to manage our ever increasing content set currently with over 100 million documents, and grow strategically into areas which enhance our user experience and demonstrate the uniqueness of our technology. You will have plenty of authority over the content architecture, and the ability to shape our roadmap.  At Yewno we value progress over process. We are looking for a talented individual with experience in product management, digital content management, publishing, and a strong technical understanding. You will:
Be the primary interface and forge relationships between education institutions, publishers, business development and engineering for all things content
Strategize and curate the growth of our curated content set into the billions
Develop our publisher analytics product, which offers truly unique insight into our partner’s content
Work with all internal and external stakeholders to set standards and workflow for content ingestion, which promote scalability and smart publishing practices
Define and improve specifications and database schemas as we grow our content in volume and diversity
Reconcile and analyze incoming content and ingested data to ensure cleanness, correctness and specification compliance
Monitor and report on content holdings and ingestion status to highlight progress, patterns and errors
Build understanding of competitive landscape to assess our market share, growth rate, strengths and weaknesses
Ability to understand, forecast and translate customer needs into business and technical requirements
Own and update all content-related documentation

You will be a good fit if you have…
A real interest and demonstrated experience in all types of content: structured metadata, unstructured text, images, video, audio, etc.
Experience managing content and workflow within the academic or publishing industries
Understanding of how to architect different content formats within file systems and databases by applying naming and organization best practices including ingestion’s process
Demonstrated experience diving into relational and NoSQL databases and working with various file formats, such as XML, JSON and CSV
Familiarity with web content crawling
Experience building content search and management products, or publisher/aggregator technology platforms
Familiarity with image-based or text-based digital repositories, such as CONTENTdm and Digital Commons
Understanding of copyright law
Familiarity with publisher and library technology standards and protocols, such as MODS, MARC and Open Access indicators
Desire for autonomy, exhibiting high degree of ownership and accountability
3+ years of product management or similar experience
Degree in MLIS, Information Science, Digital Asset Management or related fields preferred
Ability to occasionally travel internationally

Questions we may ask
How would you design a metadata schema for a new content format?
Who is competing with Yewno?
What are the top 3 challenges in managing content for a product like Google Scholar?

We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.

To get in touch, connect with us @DoYewno or hr at yewno.com.