[Eril-l] EXTENDED SEARCH - DEPARTMENT HEAD, TECHNICAL SERVICES (ATLANTA CAMPUS)
khart at gsu.edu
Thu Apr 6 14:22:01 PDT 2017
Position and Responsibilities:
Georgia State University Library seeks a dynamic, knowledgeable leader for its department of Technical Services. The Department Head will play a leadership role in a service-oriented environment, providing direction for all aspects of cataloging, acquisitions, electronic and continuing resources, including strategic planning, budget management, and management of departmental personnel.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Collections and Technical Services, the Head of Technical Services provides leadership and vision for the department including developing and implementing creative approaches to the work of the department. The head oversees all activities including purchasing, licensing, facilitating access to licensed content, discovery services, cataloging of materials in all formats and physical processing of materials. Currently, library services are supported by the Ex Libris Voyager integrated library system. All University System of Georgia (USG) libraries are migrating to Alma and are now engaged in the implementation process with production expected by the end of fiscal year 2017.
The department head works collaboratively and advances ongoing working relationships with the library's business office, collection development, special collections, digital library services and the College of Law Library. The Head has overall responsibility for personnel supervision and resources management within the department, which currently consists of two librarians and eight staff.
* ALA-accredited Master's degree in information/library science.
* Minimum five years of successful and increasingly responsible professional experience in cataloging, acquisitions or electronic and continuing resources.
* Experience working in an academic library.
* Awareness of current practice, research and trends in cataloging, e-resources and acquisitions.
* Ability to provide leadership and vision for technical services.
* Experience supervising, mentoring, and training library personnel.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work effectively with culturally diverse library users and colleagues.
* Ability to pass a background check.
* Experience with budget planning and expenditure analysis.
* Experience working in a consortial environment.
* Experience supervising faculty librarians.
* Record of professional service and scholarly accomplishments.
Condition of Work and Benefits
* Forty-hour work week
* Twelve-month assignment
* Twenty-one days of vacation
* Twelve paid holidays
* Twelve days sick leave
* Faculty rank and status
* Non-Tenure track
* Retirement plans include: Teachers Retirement System,
* TIAA-CREF, VALIC, & Fidelity
* Group health and life insurance
* Social Security
* Optional pre-tax benefits
* Support for research and professional activities
Salary and Rank
$65,000 - $75,000 for 12 months. Salary commensurate with the candidate's education and experience. Appointment at a faculty rank [Assistant/Associate Professor], on a contract renewal basis.
Submit a cover letter addressing the above qualifications; resume; name, address and phone number of three references, including immediate supervisor. Review of materials will begin again April 28, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Send materials to:
Georgia State University
Attn: Human Resource Officer
100 Decatur Street, SE, Atlanta, GA 30303-3202 (404) 413-2700
liblao at gsu.edu<mailto:liblao at gsu.edu>
Katherine Hart, MLIS
Electronic and Continuing Resources Librarian
Georgia State University Library
100 Decatur Street, SE
Atlanta, GA 30033
khart at gsu.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l