[Eril-l] Automated knowledge base holdings updates for libraries via KBART -- vendors?

Andree Rathemacher andree at uri.edu
Thu Apr 6 10:25:43 PDT 2017

Dear ERIL-L readers,

(Please excuse cross postings.)

Ex Libris offers a service with Elsevier and OVID whereby a library's
e-resource holdings can be updated automatically (weekly, monthly, or on
demand) through fetching customized KBART files from the vendor.

I'm currently researching more about this process, which I have implemented
successfully in our Alma system at University of Rhode Island.

(Incidentally, ExLibris just noted in a blog post
<http://blog.exlibrisgroup.com/niso-kbart-standardizing-holding-transfers-kb-content-providers/>
that NISO is working to set a standard for this process.)

*My question: Besides Alma and SFX, is anyone aware of other library
systems / knowledge bases? Other ProQuest systems like Serials Solutions?
Intota? OCLC? EBSCO products? Innovative? *

Thanks,
Andrée

======

See also:
https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/@api/deki/files/47713/Alma_SFX_
AutoUpdate_Service.pdf

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/Alma_
Online_Help_(English)/Integrations_with_External_Systems/030Resource_
Management/050Importing_Elsevier_Holdings

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/Alma_
Online_Help_(English)/Integrations_with_External_Systems/030Resource_
Management/280Importing_Ovid_Portfolios

--
Andrée Rathemacher  |  Professor / Head, Acquisitions
University Libraries, University of Rhode Island  |  (401) 874-5096  |
andree at uri.edu