[Eril-l] Job Posting: Electronic Resources Librarian at Davidson College
sukerr at davidson.edu
Tue Apr 4 06:17:48 PDT 2017
DAVIDSON COLLEGE, a private liberal arts college located 20 miles north of Charlotte, North Carolina, invites applications for a full-time Electronic Resources Librarian. The Electronic Resources Librarian works with all departments within the library and ITS to manage electronic resources and affected systems. This librarian coordinates quantitative statistical analysis, including but not limited to collecting, analyzing and reporting on usage of electronic and print collections.
MANAGING ELECTRONIC RESOURCES
* Manage the life cycle of new and existing digital resources from trial through subscription/purchase to renewal/cancellation, proactively updating and maintaining access, and troubleshooting.
* Maintain accurate records for purchasing decisions, licensing, and renewals.
* Maintain timely, accurate metadata about the library's serial and electronic resources in a variety of systems such as the Integrated Library System, Knowledge Base, Electronic Resource Management System (ERMS), link resolver, A-Z lists, and discovery tool.
* Research and analyze products, aggregators, and services, providing technical reviews as needed; recommend and implement new and emerging technologies to assist with management of materials within the library.
COORDINATING DATA/ANALYTICS/QUANTITATIVE ASSESSMENT
* Lead data analysis and evaluation of pricing, usage, and other metrics to support budget processes and annual reporting requirements.
* Generate statistics and reports, including collection usage and cost analysis, to support a variety of data analysis projects.
* Oversee the development and operation of assessment tools for data related to library collections.
* Work collaboratively to develop, implement, and document optimal e-resources work flows, policies, and procedures
* Work closely with Metadata and Systems librarians to ensure effective serial and electronic resource description and access from on and off campus.
* Make use of APIs or custom scripts to enhance work flows and effectively exploit the power of the tools and systems selected
* Provide information, training, and support to inform colleagues and the campus of new features and interface changes related to e-resource discovery resources.
* Master's degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited institution.
* Demonstrated knowledge of current issues and trends related to electronic resource management.
* Ability to work creatively and effectively in both collaborative and independent settings.
* Educational background or work experience that indicates an ability to manage electronic resources and serials.
* Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Two years experience in an academic library.
* Experience with electronic resource tools such as link resolvers, discovery services, knowledge bases, and electronic resource management systems, including collecting, assessing, and communicating statistics of their use.
* Experience with or educational background in statistics or research methods.
* Experience with or educational background in programming, scripting, and APIs.
* Ability to read and synthesize technical documentation and explore solutions independently.
* Experience with continuing resource cataloging and tools, including OCLC Connexion, MARC, Resource Description and Access (RDA), CONSER, etc.
* Familiarity with the current ILS (WMS) and discovery system (WCD), the electronic resource management system (Ebsco ERM and Full Text Finder), SpringShare (LibGuides) A-Z Database list, and the usage consolidation system (Ebsco Usage Consolidation).
Submit a detailed cover letter including your interest in the position, a CV, and names and contact information (including email addresses) for three current references at http://employment.davidson.edu<http://employment.davidson.edu/>.
Applications accepted until May 1, 2017. Anticipated start date, Summer 2017.
Davidson College is a highly selective, independent liberal arts college located in Davidson, North Carolina, that has graduated 23 Rhodes Scholars and is consistently ranked in the top ten liberal arts colleges in the country. Davidson is strongly committed to achieving excellence and cultural diversity, and welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups, and others who would bring additional dimensions to the college's mission.
Assistant Director, Library Technologies and Metadata
E. H. Little Library | Davidson College
704.894.2014 | paulgo at davidson.edu<mailto:paulgo at davidson.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l