[Eril-l] [FORGED] Cambridge adopted the same bad platform as Taylor & Francis?

Steve Oberg steve.oberg at wheaton.edu
Tue Sep 20 08:50:54 PDT 2016

I, too, really appreciate the time taken by Tristan to read and respond to various points here. My strong encouragement to him and all other publishers/content providers is to _not forget_ the huge importance of supporting OpenURL linking into your content. That is a foundational backbone to most discovery platforms and that includes Google Scholar. It’s also one that most end users have no idea about and so you won’t hear about it from them, I’d imagine. Whenever a platform change is made, please be sure to account for that — it really should be a requirement, not an option — and work with knowledge base providers to coordinate updated information to go along with the transition. I cannot stress this enough.

Steve

Steve Oberg
Assistant Professor of Library Science
Electronic Resources and Serials