[Eril-l] [FORGED] Cambridge adopted the same bad platform as Taylor & Francis?

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Tue Sep 20 08:16:18 PDT 2016

Thanks to Tristan for this response. For me the most important sentence is:
"Of course, most readers search in library systems and internet search
engines, not on publisher platforms.".

As a librarian at an institution with a robust discovery service (EDS), I
strongly discourage users from using the search features of any one
publisher site (including JSTOR in that although they aren't really a
publisher). There just isn't any publisher who has such an extreme monopoly
on any one discipline, not even ACS or APA, to justify the time spent
learning a bespoke search engine for just that one publisher's subset of
the discipline's scholarly output.
I welcome hearing reasons why I'm wrong.

Melissa Belvadi

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island