[Eril-l] How are you innovating in the library?

Beth Bernhardt brbernha at uncg.edu
Tue Sep 6 07:45:27 PDT 2016

Every year there are dozens of librarians who present their work at the
Conference. They are demonstrating innovative and collaborative thinking in
many areas of library service. Maybe you are developing or have developed
something new that was inspired but what you heard at a Charleston
presentation. Therefore don't think that your work wouldn't be sufficiently
important - it probably is! We want to celebrate and encourage the
excellent work that is being done in our libraries.

We are a more innovative profession than we sometimes give ourselves credit
for. Think about new projects or services you've helped develop, or ideas
that are about to take shape in reality. We'd love to hear from you.
Proposals that are collaborative are just as valuable as those developed by
an individual - and we know that most innovation in libraries is not the
product of a single person's ideas and energy - it is usually a
collaborative effort.

A last point - don't worry about having to make a pitch in front of an
audience. This is a friendly and supportive environment, like the
conference itself. As described on the competition page, "The Conference
will offer presentation coaching to all Finalists, if desired, in advance
of the competition. Coaches will provide feedback and help Finalists refine
and improve their "pitches." Coaching will be available two weeks before
the Conference and before the competition itself."

See the Charleston Library Conference Website at http://www.
charlestonlibraryconference.com/fastpitch/
<https://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.charlestonlibraryconference.com%2Ffastpitch%2F&sa=D&ust=1473175203307000&usg=AFQjCNHkSTcznu675JO3kkWh0bkpMzH-wg>
for eligibility information and more details on how you can win one of two
$2,500 awards!

Application Deadline: September 23, 2016

Contact fastpitch at charlestonlibraryconference.com with questions.

Beth R. Bernhardt
Assistant Dean for Collection Management and Scholarly Communications
University Libraries
University of North Carolina Greensboro
PO Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402