[Eril-l] Provide your input for NISO publications priorities

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Tue Oct 18 07:54:08 PDT 2016

*[with apologies for cross-posting]*

NISO is undertaking a substantive review of our publications portfolio to
determine our best focus and attention in the future. To help us fully
understand the broader impacts of the various standards, recommended
practices, technical reports, white papers and other documents that NISO
has published, we want include as much community input to this process as
possible.

*All are invited to participate in our publications portfolio survey at
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/niso-portfolio
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/niso-portfolio>.*  The survey will be open
through November 20.

NISO publishes several types of documents:

   - *Standards*: The most formal, "fixed" documents that NISO publishes,
   providing rules, guidelines or characteristics for activities or their
   results. ANSI/NISO standards are approved by the American National
   Standards Institute and represent the highest form of stakeholder
   consensus.
   - *Recommended Practices*: "best practices" or "guidelines" for methods,
   materials, or practices in order to give guidance to the user. These
   documents usually represent a leading edge, exceptional model, or a proven
   industry practice.
   - *Technical Reports*: provide useful information about a particular
   topic, but do not make specific recommendations about practices to follow.
   They are thus "descriptive" rather than "prescriptive" in nature.
   - *White Papers, Primers, etc*.: contributed or solicited papers whose
   purpose is a call for action, a position paper, or an educational treatise
   on a specific issue.

Your input to this survey, which will solicit your knowledge and attitudes
about our varied publications, sorted by type, would be gratefully
received. More than one representative from an organization may fill it
out, as we recognize that there may be various perspectives represented, *and
we appreciate these!* We anticipate that it will take 20-25 minutes to fill
out the survey. You may pause the survey and come back to it at a later
time, if you are using the same computer and browser.

Thank you for your help. Please feel free to email any questions to
nisohq at niso.org.

Nettie Lagace
Associate Director for Programs
National Information Standards Organization (NISO)
3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302
Baltimore, MD 21211
Mobile: 617-863-0501
Fax: 410-685-5278