[Eril-l] Peeters Journals and off-campus access

Jason Friedman Jason.Friedman at uOttawa.ca
Thu May 19 13:20:50 PDT 2016

Hi Julie,

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Yes, we discovered Peeters off-campus access restrictions a couple years ago. There was also a discussion about the blocking on the ezproxy mailing list, which I have attached. Sven is the only person we've dealt with.

As far as I know, no subscriptions have been cancelled because of that restriction specifically.

Sincerely,

Jason

Jason Friedman
Technicien en ressources électroniques | E-resources technician
Bibliothèque | Library
erinfo at uottawa.ca<mailto:erinfo at uottawa.ca>
Tél. | Tel. : 613-562-5800 x8787
Téléc. | Fax 613-562-5196
Université d'Ottawa | University of Ottawa

From: Eril-l [mailto:eril-l-bounces at lists.eril-l.org] On Behalf Of Loder, Julie L
Sent: May-10-16 11:22 AM
To: eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Subject: [Eril-l] Peeters Journals and off-campus access

Hello,

Has anyone else run into Peeters saying that off-campus access is not allowed?  They claim to block proxy servers, although I have tested and I can get in through ours.  I thought maybe we were just using different terminology, but I cannot seem to get past Sven Vranckx to see if that might be the case.  Have you been able to get through to them that this part of their license makes their journals kind of useless to most of our users?  If you have had success with them, who did you talk to?  If not, have you cancelled any titles as a result?  They are already on the naughty list for not allowing for post cancellation access to paid for years and their usage stats are on COUNTER 2.

Thank you.

Julie

Julie Loder
Electronic Resources Librarian