[Eril-l] Question: when is a journal "Full Text"

Vidas, Chris cdvidas at bsu.edu
Tue Mar 8 07:43:22 PST 2016

Hi Mary,

I recently discovered what I suspect is the same issue with Science from Nursing Resource Center in our Intota-powered equivalent to your EBSCO Full Text Finder.  The issue was that the date range for indexing (1965-present) was mistakenly listed as the full text range (Jan 7, 1983-Dece 23, 2005).  We felt that was a recent modification, but I reported it to ProQuest who revised the holdings dates for us.  Your explanation of full text likely does not need to change at all since this title was erroneously being identified as a target for the expanded date range.  Your report in addition to my findings seem to suggest that Gale may have mistakenly provided the incorrect date ranges to a variety of collection management resources.  However, if you truly aren’t getting any full text from 1983 to 2005, that would be a different issue.

I hope that helps.

Chris

Chris Vidas
University Libraries…A destination for research, learning, and friends
Electronic Resources and Collections Assessment Librarian
University Libraries                 765-285-8033 Office
Ball State University                765-285-2644 Fax
Muncie, IN  47306                   cdvidas at bsu.edu<mailto:cdvidas at bsu.edu>

The University Libraries provide services that
support student pursuits for academic success
and faculty endeavors for knowledge creation
and classroom instruction.
http://www.bsu.edu/library (Web Site)