[Eril-l] migrate to new refworks?

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Mon Jun 20 14:00:19 PDT 2016

We also had a demo and are deciding, but fyi the "at some point" is
currently set to Dec 2017, so you could go this entire academic year
without migrating.
Accounts can be individually converted to the "new" platform, but they
recommend that librarians for now make a separate account using a different
email address (could be a personal gmail account for instance) to test
things rather than convert (no going back) your main account just yet.

We're thinking of getting new students this fall to start with the new
platform, but not force students who would graduate in the upcoming year to
switch, as it means a whole new Write-n-Cite (which seems to have lost that
name and gained Google plugin functionality) as well as a major new
learning curve.

FYI, students with the latest version of MS Word for Mac will need the new
one to use the plugin/WnC because RefWorks doesn't support Office 2016
(2015?) for Mac with the old WnC.

Melissa