[Eril-l] USTAT

Jill Emery jill.emery at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 10:27:11 PDT 2016

Hi Ted,

I've made Silvershair work in USTAT for the JAMA Journals.

When you are in the admin site for Silverchair there is a tiny scripted
link at the bottom of the page that reads: "How do I use SUSHI to generate
COUNTER reports?" When you click on this, it gives you the set-up
information needed.

As for how useful a utility USTAT is; I'd say it is not nearly as robust as
it needs to be. It is good at providing rough usage estimates and good for
public reporting of usage but not worthy enough data to use for collection
management decisions.  Ex libris is promising with the move of usage
collection to ALMA that there will be improvements but I'm suspect as to
how greatly this service will be improved given their other company
objectives right now.

All the best,

Jill