[Eril-l] Peeter's Publishing changes web license to prohibit proxy servers

Mark Hemhauser mhemhauser at berkeley.edu
Thu Jun 16 12:09:52 PDT 2016

It has come to my attention that Peeter’s Publishing has for a few years
been trying to prevent online access to subscribe content via library proxy
servers. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If they don’t know the
proxy server’s IP address, then they are probably not able to block it. We
are trying to add a new proxy IP address and they are refusing to add it.
I’ve got a license with their signature and there’s nothing in it to permit
such a change of terms without negotiating a new license.

Mark

Mark Hemhauser

​Head of Acquisitions, The Library

250 Moffitt Library, MC 6000