[Eril-l] Database A-Z list options

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Mon Jun 13 12:21:31 PDT 2016

Our website is Drupal and we aren't Libguides customers, so we use features
of Drupal to create a "database of databases" that includes an A-to-Z
"view" (Drupal jargon) of all databases.
We can also use this to create various subject-specific lists of databases,
by using Drupal "content types" and "taxonomy" features. Combining content
types, taxonomies, and views, you can do a lot of clever things in Drupal.
We have a "bento box" style search feature on our home page, and one of the
result boxes is specifically results from the Database "content type".

Melissa Belvadi, UPEI

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Katherine Collins <kcollins at brandeis.edu>
wrote:

> Hi all-
>
> We presently have Metalib for displaying our A-Z database list, but are
> starting to investigate other options. What are others using to display
> your list of databases?
>
> Do you like it the tool you're using?
> What are the strengths/weaknesses?
> What do you wish you’d known before implementing?
> What do you wish it did that it doesn’t do?
>
> All feedback is very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Katy
>
> --
> Katherine Collins
> Manager of Electronic Resources
> Brandeis University Library and Technology Services
> 415 South Street
> Waltham, MA 02454
> phone 781-736-4731
>

> --
> Katherine Collins
> Manager of Electronic Resources
> Brandeis University Library and Technology Services
> 415 South Street
> Waltham, MA 02454
> phone 781-736-4731

Melissa Belvadi