[Eril-l] Reminder - international librarianship experiences

Katherine Holvoet Kate.Holvoet at zu.ac.ae
Sun Jan 24 23:03:44 PST 2016

Call for participation - reminder for international librarianship experiences

Recently Lara Seven Phillips (formerly of the University of the South Pacific, Fiji) and Kate Holvoet (currently at Zayed University, in the UAE) sent out a call for participation for people who have worked as a librarian in a foreign country to fill out our email questionnaire.  This is a reminder that we still would love to hear from librarians who have worked abroad.

We are looking to include anecdotes, advice, cautions, lessons learned, etc. from other librarians who have worked abroad.  We want to hear from people who work in all areas of librarianship, and at different kinds of libraries.  We want our book to reflect a variety of international experiences.  If you are interested in telling us about your experience, please click on the Dropbox link, download the survey and return it to kate.holvoet at gmail.com and lara7seven at gmail.com. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3gxndzbxjc619tp/AACNkl88M7lt7ZbxktEa9ZgOa?dl=0

If you have any difficulties downloading the questionnaire, please contact Kate (kate.holvoet at gmail.com) and she will be happy to send you the Word or PDF document, or just email version of the form.

The questionnaire lists the kinds of things we're looking to find out about your experience working internationally. You can be as brief or as thorough as you like; please don't feel obligated to answer all the questions if they either don't apply or you don't have anything to share on the topic.

We would appreciate having questionnaires returned by 31 January, 2016. If you can't make that deadline but would like to participate, please let us know.  There is some room for flexibility.  As well, please feel free to pass our contact information to other American/Western school librarians working internationally who you think might be interested in participating.

I am happy to answer any questions about the book that you may have. I can share the table of contents, a sample chapter, my own "personal narrative' of my experience working abroad, or whatever else you might like to know about the project.

The questionnaire is in both PDF and a word DOCX formats- please use whichever is easiest for you (an email response is also fine).

Thanks in advance for your consideration!

[cid:zubf0a5c]<http://www.zu.ac.ae>     Katherine Holvoet
Associate Professor
Library and Learning Commons

P.O. Box 144534 Abu Dhabi, U.A.E | T:+971 2 599 3116 | M:
w w w . z u . a c . a e<http://www.zu.ac.ae>
        Accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education [cid:msche530976]
Disclaimer: This e-mail and the files(s) attached to it are confidential and belong to the intended receiver (unit) only. In case you are not the intended receiver of this letter, or if you have received it by mistake, please advise the sender and delete it along with its attached file(s) from your system immediately. You do not have the right to copy, print or distribute this e-mail or any part thereof, or to release its contents to any other party whatsoever, except with prior approval from the sender. If you violate the above, you will be legally accountable.