[Eril-l] Anyone else having trouble accessing Oxford UP articles ??

Sara Colglazier scolglaz at mtholyoke.edu
Thu Feb 18 12:47:13 PST 2016

Hello,
We use SFX ... and on the SFX list a very person posted a work around that
now also worked for me:
Use a current version of IE and it works.
In a current version of IE, I can get straight to articles without even
having to add the s to https.
However, I have only tried doing so (so far) from  EBSCO ASP and ... I
forget. But not Pubmed or ISI WoS.
HTH, Sara

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Scheier, Robert <rscheier at holycross.edu>
wrote:

> I am thinking our links just need to be updated by our knowledgebase
> vendor from http to https. Is it that simple?
>
> Bob
>
> =========================
> Bob Scheier
> Systems Librarian
> Dinand Library
> College of the Holy Cross
> 508-793-3495
> *rscheier at holycross.edu <rscheier at holycross.edu>*
> =========================
>
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Shirley Ainsworth <shirley at ibt.unam.mx>
> wrote:
>
>> OUP links do not work from Pubmed, Scopus nor Web of Science, the dois
>> from CrossRef do not resolve, ( and I thought that was the whole point of
>> having dois, that it doesn't matter if the publisher changes urls...) and
>> the ezproxy stanza from the OUP page is
>> out of date
>> http://www.oxfordjournals.org/en/help/tech-info/ezproxyconfig.txt.
>>
>> I think that everyone is having problems with OUP.
>>
>> thanks
>> Shirley
>>
>> --
>> Shirley Ainsworth
>> Bibliotecaria/Librarian
>> Instituto de Biotecnologia, UNAM
>> Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico.
>> email shirley at ibt.unam.mx
>>

>> El 18/02/2016 a las 11:48 a.m., Hudson, Patricia escribió:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>

>> A brief update from OUP.  As I had explained yesterday, in order to
>> provide more secure browsing access to OUP-hosted journals, OUP have moved
>> all our journals to be hosted on https: web pages.  This change took effect
>> on Tuesday, and some customers have experienced an issue when accessing our
>> journals.  Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and
>> are working with our customers individually to resolve all issues as
>> quickly as possible.
>>

>> Individual users should confirm that they are using either the current or
>> previous version of any major browser. Institutional access issues may
>> point to an issue with a proxy/network configuration setting.  If access
>> fails for all up-to-date browsers, please consult your Network Team to
>> check proxy/network settings.  To access a  journal via a proxy using
>> https:, the institution will need to have an SSL certificate installed and
>> set-up for the Oxfordjournals.org domain. Again, we sincerely apologize for
>> the inconvenience this may have caused.  For support, please contact us at
>> one of the e-mail addresses listed below. Thank you for your patience while
>> we resolve reported issues.
>>

>> For Oxford Journals Collection Customers (UK and Rest of World)
>> jnls.consortia at oup.com (North and South America)
>> jnls.consortia.US at oup.com
>>

>> For other journal subscribers
>>
>> (UK and Rest of World) jnls.cust.serv at oup.com (North and South America)
>> jnlorders at oup.com
>>

>> Many thanks to those of you who have contacted me off line. Thank you
> [...]

Sara Colglazier
Electronic Resources Management and Discovery Services Librarian
Discovery and Access: Discovery Services, Rm. 433
Library, Information, & Technology Services
Mount Holyoke College
50 College Street
South Hadley, MA 01075
T: 413-538-2437