[Eril-l] Better connectivity to articles in PMC?

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Mon Feb 8 18:57:50 PST 2016

Hi, all. Just wanted to interject an opinion that it is exactly this
problem that is why the big commercial publishers don't seem existentially
threatened by OA. They know we librarians won't accept these seams to our
user experience, and as long as they can get away with requiring them (e.g.
creating supposedly OA-friendly rules only allowing faculty to deposit
copies of their articles on their personal web pages or in a single IR),
they have nothing to fear.

I heard about OAFinder at Charleston last November, and would very much
like to hear some libraries' experience with whether it does indeed reduce
those seams (I love that metaphor) or just create another one.

Melissa Belvadi

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island