[Eril-l] Oxford journals: WAM Proxy setup

Diane Westerfield Diane.Westerfield at ColoradoCollege.edu
Thu Feb 18 12:25:28 PST 2016

We have the Millennium (Innovative) WAM proxy. When a vendor moves to HTTPS, we have to buy a security certificate so that our users don’t encounter security warnings. With the move to HTTPS, all Oxford journals are going to trigger the usual scary browser warning that somebody is trying to steal your data or hack your computer.

Anybody know how to set up the correct wildcard for Oxford? The problem is that the journal name comes before the base Oxford URL.

A proxied link:
http://0-aob.oxfordjournals.org.tiger.coloradocollege.edu/

Would *.oxfordjournals.org work or is that impossible? I don’t set up the WAM proxy table so I don’t know if wildcards can be employed in this fashion. If the links were structured with the base url and then the journal code, like so:

http://0-oxfordjournals.org.tiger.coloradocollege.edu/aob

then we could set up a security certificate along the lines of  oxfordjournals.org/*

Any ideas out there? BTW each security certificate is $52 and it’s an annual cost. ~255 journals * $52 is something like $13,000 a year.

Thanks,

Diane Westerfield, Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian
Tutt Library, Colorado College
diane.westerfield at coloradocollege.edu<mailto:diane.westerfield at coloradocollege.edu>
(719) 389-6661
(719) 389-6082 (fax)